Friday, April 28, 2006

and the engine fell silent...

march 17th 2006. william uncle is dead.
After I landed in Hyderabad; the first thing that i wanted to do was get my kinetic back into shape and where else other than the my dear william uncle's ameet kinetic works.
thanx to my every so lazy bum; someone else dropped my vehicle off at the garage for the work to atleast begin.
and it was when i went to pick up my vehicle that i got the shock of my life! infact that was when i firmly decided that god has a terribly mixed up head.
william uncle, MY william uncle was no more! he was just...gone!
after i heard that he was no more; my head just went numb. plain numb. like the feeling you have in your legs after sitting in the same position for too long.
after informing me abt uncle's death; the guy went on with the details, but my mind just failed to gather anything of what he was saying. and all the noise around me went silent. and my mind just kept whirring. i dunno why i was feeling that extreme levels of hollowness...maybe it was because of the sheer unexpectedness of the situation or maybe because i was reliving another one.
i was reliving the same numbness in my head, the same feeling of standing in a crowd but deaf to all sounds except for the sounds in my head.
william uncle managed to make me feel like i still had a father figure.
he was one of the most genuine persons i had known; someone who kept alive the sense of compassion in a world where it had been close to banished.
he has helped people without expecting anything in return; not even gratitude.
and whenever i met him, there used be a ray of hope of meeting people who were in the real sense beautiful people. there used to be the faith that god after all isn't as crazy as i thot he was.
but then all this had to changed by that crazy psychotic god of mine.
i wonder why i still believe in the concept of god; maybe because that to an extent soothes my fears and inhibitions but then an illusion doesn't hold too long or does it?
then slowly i realised that its almost 5 yrs now since dad passed away. the man who is an angel now; and is watching out for me at every turn...
the man who loved me despite being an absolutely worthless being; who stood by me in all circumstances even when i was solely responsible for the shit i was in.
and who was just the most amazing human being i had and would ever know.
love you ever so much

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikhil Narayanan said...

I don't know this Aparna...Im lost!

9:51 PM, April 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Degree Programs